Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Project Report #27 - The Hills Have Bykes

Hey people, it is with great regret that I was not able to make much entries the past few months. Things have been moving very fast in church, my work as well as other things that I’m currently involved in. for starters, I forgot to mention that earlier this year God has blessed me with an increment of 33.37%.. Praise God for His providence. I’ve been able to bless people with simple things like birthday gifts, meals and transportation. God blesses us to be blessing right? I’m trying my best although I’m still not perfect, there are a lot of things within me that’s birth from selfishness that I have to deal with day by day and I believe one day I shall conquer it once and for all. No war is won in a day..

Much has been happening in my life, I find myself being challenged within these past few months to forgive and let go of things that people wronged against me and the people I love. It’s not easy, I’m still dealing with issues of anger and grudges, it’s a learning curve for me but I’m praying really hard that I will be able to overcome this soon. Easier said than done? Definitely! This is because the only people that can hurt you are the people who are closest to you.

Being close to a person is like taking off your bullet proof vest in front of another person whose hand is still on the gun trigger. It’s a risk to love anyone, I’m not talking about romantic love, just plain close friendship… So would I stop loving people close to me and further develop more close friends? Of course not! What’s life without friends? Some may abandon you, but the ones who stick by you will be priceless in good times and bad.

Church has been fantastic the past few months! We’ve been ministering in Ipoh, Klang, and even had our first church baptism in May with 4 candidates! We’ll be heading to Ipoh again this Saturday, it’s gonna be an entire day. We’ll be leaving Subang Jaya at 7am or so and by the time we’re done and travelled back from Ipoh, it would be about 4am, Sunday morning! Mind you, we won’t be skipping church on Sunday morning. Is it tiring? YESS! We’re still human with physical bodies… but we believe that if we choose to pay the price today, the future generations that will come after us will reap the benefits.

What are we doing in Ipoh and Klang? We’re partnering with different churches there to do youth works. Training them in different practical ministry skills, helping them mold their character and never compromising on the things of the Word and Spirit. For those who have been through the CampusCity Leadership Training last time, this will sound familiar to you. This is rather similar, but we’ve made some changes to suit the culture and the level of the different groups that we’re ministering to. It’s amazing to see young guys and gals, age 14 to 17, to preach for their own youth service! We’ve seen many lives of these young ones changed… All glory to God!

About 3 weeks ago, our church had a mini outing to the well renowned Bukit Cherakah, which I refer to as Bukit Celaka due to a lot of unforeseen circumstances that has happened the few times I was there. This time, I did enjoy myself but with a certain price to pay la, let me tell you the story. We arrived there at about 10.30am after a breakfast. We had Indian breakfast by the way, which was not a good idea at all going cycling with your tummy full of spicy stuff. We rented bikes and off we went cycling in the forest reserve. This is where the pain began…

We just cycled without having any clue to which direction of the park we were going. The park was not all flat ground roads ok… it comprised of almost 70% slopes and most of these slopes were super steep! We practically cycled the entire park until then finally Ps Ryan decided to go to the 4 Seasons Climate thing, it’s just a building which gives you a feel of what season it would be if we were in a 4 season region. Not knowing where it was we just agreed to go, so we cycled all the way to the WRONG END of the park. Then only we realized that the 4 Season building was at the other FAR END of the park! It was like a good 15km of slope roads to get there. Disheartened, our dear friend Nick Chan wanted to give up already… I so understand why, with lousy bikes, hilly roads under the blazing hot sun, it was no joke that it was super taxing on our bodies!

Nevertheless, we cycled all the way to the 4 Seasons building with a brief rest at a small cafĂ© in between. Upon reaching there, we saw the youth group from HCA there. We also met a kid who looks exactly like Shaun Foo! Both chubby, dark and has exactly the same mannerisms! Shaun’s look-a-like’s mother even said herself that she almost mistaken Shaun for her son! HAHA~! For those of you who don’t know who is Shaun, he is Ps Ryan’s nephew that attends our church as well.

So after the brief amusement of finding the ‘twins’, we moved on to enter the 4-Seasons place. It was really nice although the whole place smelt like a vegetable shop. We took a lot of pictures there, Ps Ryan and Brenda took some couple shots as well for their wedding purposes. I took a few shots myself but I never got to see the pictures even till today. HAHA! We had a good time there just chilling out in the cold breeze of spring. After that we made our way back to the exit of the park to go home already..

On the way back, our dear friend Nick Chan again, got his bike chain stuck deep in between the gears. It took 3 grown men and 30 minutes to pull that thing out because we didn’t have the tools to remove and the bicycle shack was really far away. Ps Ryan, Calvin and myself got our hands practically coated with black gear grease. Then in the middle of fixing the bike, Calvin had a little cramp on his leg and felt like vomiting. Remember what we had for breakfast? Haha! Thank God he didn’t throw up in the end. We just cycled slowly back to the park entrance.

At the end of that day, everyone of us had sore-muscles, especially our butt muscles. Cycling up and down hill with lousy bikes and under the hot sun was really an ‘experience’! But one that I’m really glad I went. Above all this ‘pain’, every one of us had fun and it brought us closer together. Heck, it even gave us a bit of the physical exercise we need… we’re lacking a lot of that your know =P

PROJECT REPORT~! Nothing much has been happening with my car lately, I’ve just changed my voltage stabilizer and iridium sparkplugs to improve my idling and fuel ignition. This month’s expenses will be a bit tight due to the fuel price surging. Last time I could survive with RM350 for fuel a month, now it’s a staggering RM500 a month! Worried? A bit… Fearful? Not really… But I know God will provide because He has said in His word that He will never let His children beg for bread…

Do read my flooble chat entries once in awhile. I do post some really good quote which I come across during Sunday sermons or things that I read. I hope it will bless you as much as it has blest me. I think this is a rather short entry, I will update you all more on the Ipoh trip when I return. Praise God that I will be able to go to Singapore for the Asia Conference in City Harvest! God is faithful to provide!

Thanks for making time to read, nothing really ‘preachy’ today, just sharing some little things that has happened in my life. Stay tuned for the upcoming update maybe by next week. Till then, take care people! Have a wonderful week ahead and God bless!

No comments: