Thursday, October 30, 2008

Project Report #31 - MonKee Business

Hey there Sponsors! It has been a fantastic week so far. I just got went to Nilai yesterday night to do bible study with some of the Inti boys there, it was a great time. We studied about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and how it all begins by first getting the gift of tongues. One of them who has yet to receive the Baptism of the Spirit was really inspired and was eager to receive the gift of tongues.

One of the boys told me that his friend showed his a video of documentary that was disproving being slain in the Sprit, in other words, falling down when someone prays for you. I just told him bluntly, that no one who is walking right with God, whose heart is right before God, would want to fake such a thing. Falling under the power of God is just a physical expression, people can fake it but it is between them and God.

At the end of day, many people can fake it, but the ultimate proof that God has really touched them is that their lives have changed. The fruit of being touched by God is CHANGE! So judge by the fruit, and not by the expressions. After explaining that to him, I really felt in my spirit that a load of uncertainty has lifted from his shoulders, that now he knows how to respond when people challenge the truth of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Many will chase after signs and wonders, many people just pursue just the expressions of the gifts of the Spirit, but we must continuously guard out hearts to not chase after just the form but denying its power. We must always run after God’s heart, making His desires our desires and becoming a person of great substance and character. Becoming a vessel of honor begins inside… So speaking in tongues and all the other gifts are physical expressions of an internal conviction. Thank God for a fruitful time there doing bible study with the boys, as I was teaching, I too reminded myself of a lot of things..

Today’s the big day, I’m going to be facing my first round of appraisal for this year. God indeed has been so faithful to me this year in terms of career. He has blessed me with many opportunities to venture into various areas of the software development industry for F&B sector. I’ve grown a lot in my knowledge and character in handling tight scheduled projects. I also really thank God for a good, generous boss and also very helpful colleagues that have never abandoned me when I was facing difficult times. Praise God for His providence!

We’ll be going to Singapore for the Asia Conference hosted by City Harvest Church in a few weeks time. I’m really excited for what God has in store for us there. It’s gonna be a fantastic time of learning and ministry. The exchange rate for Ringgit to Singapore dollar is rather high now, but no worries, God will provide! Haha! I will not let money be an obstacle, this is an obstacle I know I can overcome through God! Be prepared for the report I will bring back from Singapore!

The Harvest Generation Worship Team is currently having vocal and choir training with our singers, believe or not I’m also in the programme. HAH! For those of you who think I can’t sing, be very amazed at the end of this programme, Ceh-Wah! Just kidding… Nothing to brag about, we’re just looking into avenues to grow our talents in music and singing. We have 2 very good instructors from the SIB BM church, Lenny and Joyce, who really pour their hearts out in teaching us.

Lenny is recording artist and vocal teacher by profession and Joyce is the choir conductor of SIB KL BM service which comprises of about 60 choir members. Joyce’s mother is a ‘big-shot’ choir conductor in Indonesia and is very well know by the locals there. When Lenny and Joyce did a demo in singing, we all felt so unworthy to sing anymore. HAHA! They are so GOOD! Even impromptu songs, they make it sound like it’s been practiced for months! But we really thank God for people who are willing to stand by the church and help build us up.

It’s been awhile since I wrote to appreciate the sponsors of this project. I shall continue today introducing a young gal, who was very timid and quiet when she first came up to Subang, but after she joined CampusCity, there was a huge turn around. She’s one of the strongest young gals I know, despite going through hard times, she has risen above the circumstances and really dependent on God all the way. This gal is no other than Amanda Tan aka Alamanda!

Don’t mistake her for a Chindian ok? She’s pure Chinese~! This gal is super athletic! She can play netball really really well. To see a young student who is willing to learn, willing to give 100% in her service to God and 100% in her studies really inspires me. I speak on behalf of all the CampusCity leaders of that time when I say that we’re all very proud of her!

When she first came to join us in CampusCity, I remember she was super quiet. She wouldn’t even say more than 4 words in a sentence. But after she opened up her heart for the Holy Spirit to work in her, things began to change. She started off serving as an usher, the later as a choir member, then she took up preaching class, leadership training and bible studies, and numerous GIGs. She even joined us to pray at 5.30am, way before the sun rose, for a week when Ps Ryan called for a prayer meeting.

I thank God for her life because she never looked down on the talents that God has given to her. She has always availed herself for ministry no matter how small the task may seem to be to most people. I mean, many people think that being an usher is a small thing, but every role in the Kingdom of God is vital! Your hand can’t tell your feet that it’s useless, neither can any ministry tell the other that they don’t need it. If you’re missing a little toe, did you know that you will find it hard to balance when you’re walking? That’s how important every part of the body of Christ is, no ministry is too small for God.

To Amanda, continue to keep that heart of humility before God. True promotion only comes from God alone, so never ever despise the days of small beginnings. I know you’ll be graduating and will eventually be working. Hold on to the principles of God, never ever let your foundations in the Word and Spirit be shaken by circumstances that will arise against you. Stay faithful to the call that God has placed in your heart and pursue the vision with everything you got.

Man may look at the outer appearance but God looks at the heart, continue seeking and pursuing the things of God and He will bless you abundantly. All the best in all your undertakings, remember to always put God first in everything that you do. Never compromise on the Word and Spirit, in everything give your 100%. Honor God with your life and He will definitely honor you.

PROJECT REPORT! I’m actually considering to install a piggy-back engine management system onto my car. Still looking into the pros and cons of doing so, it’s pretty affordable because I found a guy that I can deal with a very good bargain. I may even propose to help him sell these products if I’m satisfied with the work he’s going to do with my car. Will update you guys more about this when the job is done. Hopefully I’ll be able to land some car jobs in the coming months through this. I’m still praying and looking out for business opportunities and investments in can make to gear myself up to achieve the vision that has been placed in my heart…

Well, that’s all I have all of you today. It’s pretty short compared to me last few entries, but I guess I shouldn’t take so much of your time reading this. So take care people! Have a great weekend ahead! God Bless!!

1 comment:

jaong1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.