Monday, February 19, 2007

Project Report #17 - Legally Borned

Hey Sponsors~! Happy Chinese New Year~! This is NOT the year of a fiery pig but it’s a brand new year for God to do greater things in and through our lives~! So please don’t dedicate this new year to something that taste so good as bacon or bak kut teh, Haha~! This new year has been rather slow for my family, I guess one thing is because most of the elderly figures of my family have passed away within the last 4 years, so gradually we have less and less old folks to visit. Ang Pau collection also a bit slow but God has been faithful to provide~!

Project Report~! I’ve officially paid off the every bill that came up in the engine installation phase~! Praise God~! They total sum was in the thousands but it was still bearable. Now I’m just waiting for the legal documents and registrations to be settled, then I can install my exhaust system, then only my car will be officially road legal~! My 'hot chic' will be legally borned~! YAY~! After I’m done with the exhaust system installation, I’ll be moving on to the interior reconditioning and enhancement.

I have quite a number of new items from Japan that came in to make the cockpit of the car super cool. A lot of these stuff were given to me by friends and family as a belated birthday gift, so thank you so much to all who have given me those gifts~! I really love it~! All my documents should be able to be settled latest by next week. Once I’ve cleaned up the boot area and made the mural signage, I shall launch the boot of sponsors signing ceremony~!

This past one year has been a great run for me. Both the good and the bad, so many things had happened that I will never ever forget, but I really thank God for His never ending goodness and faithfulness over my life. I have been placed in so many difficult situations physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. It is a miracle that I’m able to stand here today still writing to you guys..

Reflecting back on all that has happened, I remember my 2006 resolution was to succeed in obtaining my degree and growing a greater level in my ministry. Well, both these things came to past, but at a great cost~! As I’ve shared about all my struggles and success in finishing my university final year, this time I want to share about things that have brought me to where I am today in my ministry.

As most of you would know that I’ve been released from AYA and Acts Church about 3 months ago to join the pioneering work of a new church called Harvest Generation. The journey so far has been challenging but the fruits of our labour is so very sweet~! We’ve grown from about 10 to about 25 people now on average weekly services. God is indeed working in and through the church~!

Many of you have asked me, why did I give up a well established ministry to join a new work that has to be built from scratch? Why did I put myself in a position where I was not certain of what is to come? Well, the answer is simple, I just heard and obeyed. I knew in my heart that I was called to be part of this work... but I had a struggle within myself to stay at where I was most comfortable in for quite some time.

I’ve grown a lot serving for 3 years with AYA and Acts Church and I believe I’ve gave my very best to that ministry. There comes a point in time where you know you have to move out of where you have settled to achieve greater things. I believe it was God who placed a deep desire within my heart to be a part of this new work with Harvest Generation. Although I had the desire to join them, I was struggling to let go of the comfort I was having then.

In my mind, I was thinking of the people that I would never get to see as often as I could if I answered this call. I didn’t want to leave where I was because I didn’t want to be distant from the people I’ve grown emotionally attached with. It was a difficult situation for me, a great struggle…

I had great leaders in Acts and AYA, as far as I know, they were all looking out for the best for me all the time. I’ve grown really close to some of them through our ministries together and I was really very comfortable there. But I know deep in my heart that God had something greater for me that required me to step out of my comfort zone.

I prayed for many weeks, seeking counsel from the people who I’m accountable to, I even spoke to my parents. All of them prayed with me and told me to just trust in God and obey, even if it means to let go of things that mean a lot to me. God gave me the peace to decide by invoking this statement into my heart…

“ You don’t have to know everything to do great things, you just have to know the ONE who knows everything… ”


All my fears and uncertainty didn’t feel as heavy as it did before because I realized that God was in control, and He will always be in control. All I have to do is to trust Him and obey. So finally, after many many weeks of struggling with myself, I finally had the peace to make the decision to move on with Harvest Generation.

Do I still struggle with doubts today? Yes… sometimes I do wonder if I did the right thing, but every time I doubt, I pray and the Spirit has never once failed to remind me that God is still in control. Do I miss serving with the people in AYA and Acts? Yes, of course~! I really love the people there and I still respect them a lot, but I know I must answer the call that I’ve been placed accountable of. Has it been easy in my new ministry? Definitely not~! In fact, I’m faced with new challenges in almost everything I put my hands on, but God has been so faithful to use those challenges to make me a better person today.

Within these past 3 months, I’ve grown so much that even my parents noticed it. They said that they could really see my maturity move up another level just within a short time. One thing I need all of you to understand is that I didn’t leave Acts Church and AYA because of any dispute, I just listened and obeyed, it’s as simple as that. Whatever you all heard about things going on between Acts Church and Harvest Generation Church, please don’t pursue it because there is no dispute.

Although we may be functioning differently but we are all building One Kingdom, we are all serving One God. God has been so good~! Whatever He blesses us with, He adds no sorrow to it~! So don’t add the sorrow to it with words that brings no edification, but speak life into the works that God has started through every single one of His people~! So continue seeking God for His best~! It is never easy to achieve greatness but draw strength from Him and He will be faithful to see you through every challenge~! My life is a testimony to that and I live with no regrets~!

I'm sharing this because i know i owe it to some of you who still wonder why I made this decision.. So I hope you understand it better now...

Watch out people~! There’s another medical practitioner coming out from Ukraine as well. He’s currently in the presence of the ‘Fei Chai’, rooming with him and being bitten on the thighs by him. Haha~! This guy has been a fantastic friend, until he decided to ditch us and leave for Ukraine to further his studies la. Just kidding~! It is my honour to introduce you to the one and only… Jackson Leong Kwong Yew a.k.a. Uncle Leong a.k.a. Auntie a.k.a. Doctor Leong~!! This guy is one lady killer, most of the very aunty girls in our group fall for him like durians to the ground. Haha~!

I’ve known Kwong Yew since we were 9 years old~! That’s like 13 years man~! We were in the same class together in Standard 3 way back in year 1994. I remember he was this super nerdy dude that was always so concerned about his studies, whereas I was the type who ‘sambil-lewa’. He always had tuition classes here, there and everywhere. The funny thing is we both got the same kind of results at the end also, so does tuition really help? Haha~!

When we were younger, I would always go to this house to play football. The same house that Audrey and Ern Suey is renting from him now. This guy has been quite skilled in this sport since those times. He use to be quite fit until he joined the ‘Fei Chai’ in Ukraine. If some of you still don’t know who is the Fei Chai, go read one of my past blog entries. Haha~! I remember once me and Kwong Yew joined a talent time singing contest audition as a duet but we didn’t qualify because we forgot our lyrics. Guess what song we sang? ONLY YOU~!!!! HAHAHAH~! I still laugh my head off whenever I recall those moments.

We went to the same high school together as well. I guess you can say that we’ve still been rather close throughout all our high school life. He was part of our ‘Seafield Jackass’ crew for a little while. For further explanation, the Jackass crew is a crew that does stupid things just for laughs. We were young and dumb then, but it did leave some good fun memories.

Did you all know that in Kwong Yew was also a product of the Seafield Christian Fellowship? He was saved there~! It was back in Form 1, through the influence of his brother and his friends, he was convinced to attend the CF and finally he chose to give his heart to Jesus~! Amazing~! Simply Amazing~! I remember when we were in primary school, he would always argue with me about religions. That’s why I was so happy when I first heard the news that he accepted Jesus into his heart~!

He has always had a very caring heart, that’s why girls can connect with him so well. He’s very aunty at times, I guess he’s one of the few that has all the patience in the world to handle girls. Haha~! Another thing that makes him outstanding is that he always ends up in the hospital. I tell you, I’ve not visited anyone in hospital more than I’ve visited him~! Every year sure got something happen to him that will end him up on the hospital bed. We always brought in our silly jokes and dumb actions to his ward and made him laugh till he cried. Haha~!

He has always been faithful to serve in the high school CF, and continued on being faithful in CampusCity when he went to Taylor’s to do his A-Levels. I really saw him grown from strength to strength. His desire to see God move in and through his live is just amazing~!

To Kwong Yew… It has been a great 13 years of friendship with you. I can truly say that I see God working in you even from the very first day I met you. Did you know that I’ve been praying for your salvation since we were in Standard 3? Guess I never told you that but the prayers sown have been reaped with joy. I remember trying to invite you to church and debating with you over the phone about you disagreement with TITHES when we were younger, but you still wouldn’t accept Jesus. That is why is was such a great joy to know that you finally opened up your heart to Jesus…

We’ve had a long past together, through the good and bad. The mistakes and successes, I’m glad that you were there with me. When we were serving together in the Christian Fellowship, although I was removed from leadership due to undisclosed reasons, you still included me in many major decisions that had to be made. I really appreciated that because although other people think I was useless, you still opened up a door for me to be useful to that ministry… For this, I am grateful to you…

It was a sad thing that when you told me that you chose to leave for Ukraine, I was deeply affected because we’ve known each other for so long and share many things in common. But I knew that God had better plans installed for us and it is our own responsibility to fulfill it. We’ve had wonderful times serving in CampusCity together, I remember it was you and Ian who pushed me to join CampusCity when I was living a life on the verge of backsliding. Thank God for friends like you…

Continue pursing the plans and purposes that God has for you life. Never give up due to any circumstances, but trust in God always and press on. The path to greatness is always difficult, but the joy that will be reaped is indescribable. Always keep your ears open to the prompting of the Spirit, never ever confuse your own fleshly desires with the desires of the Lord. Always pray and check and ask for confirmation, God will answer you…

Keep up the good work that you’re doing in Ukraine but never EVER compromise the principals which you have learnt from the Word and from the Spirit of God. Stand strong upon it even though everyone else may have fallen away from it. Draw your strength from God alone because He will never fail you~!

I know many lives have been blessed through you, continue to live a life that longs to see God’s love and blessings flow to everyone you meet. Thank you so much for being a great friend and brother to me…

That’s all from me today sponsors~! I will further update you all on the progress of the legal documents and registration of the car soon~! Do pray with me that all these things can be settled fast and swith~! Thanks for reading~! Have a Blessed Chinese New Year and a great week ahead~! God Bless…

No comments: