Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Project Report #18 - The Final Countdown

Hey Sponsors~! Sorry for not being able to make any entries the past week. I have been really busy running here and there settling a lot of things to get my car back on the road. A lot of parts I ordered were delayed due to the holidays. So this week is gonna be quite a hectic week for me. My foreman is getting a runner to settle my engine registration, car testing, ownership transfer and road tax renewal. Do pray with me that all these legal documents can be settled within this week itself. Once this is all done, I will move on with the exhaust system installation and car interior reconditioning.

Project report~! My foreman took the car out for a test run by himself, and he being a super experienced person when it comes to this engine and this car, said that the power and performance of the engine really surprised him. Praise God~! I’ve been praying that the outcome of this project would bring a positive shock to even him as the most experienced person in this field. This is proof that God is really in the picture~!

I’m still having a big difficulty trying to get some interior parts to be restored to the car. I’ve asked around for help but many of them either forgot about it or they’re quoting me a super high price. This hurdle is not easy to tackle because many shops don’t store this Ford’s interior spare parts. Sponsors, please keep me in prayer that I will be able to find an honest supplier that will give me a good price for all the items I need. Thanks~!

Finances have been rather difficult for this past month. A lot of financial commitments suddenly pop up out of no where and it has been really taking a toll out of me. Although all the engine installation bills have been paid for, the battle is only half won. To be honest, it is not easy to do up this car, build a new church, support my family, buy people birthday gifts and take care of my daily needs all at the same time. Every one of these areas requires a lot of money.

I am only human, therefore I’m not perfect. I do face times where I struggle with myself asking God how come my blessing has not come? The Bible says what you sow is what you will reap, and so I sow my best in hopes that I will reap the best. After sitting down and just dwelling in this verse, I realize that the sowing is our responsibility but the reaping is not~! It is God who is responsible to bring in the blessing therefore He will give what’s best for me.

I was reminded again in this situation of lack that what we think is our best may not always be God’s best for us. How can we say that we know more than God does? Why was I struggling? Because I didn’t see what I thought was best for me coming to past. Patience and faith are key attributes that I must learn time and time again. Sometimes what I want is not the best that I can get. If I choose to wait upon God, I will get His best, and His best is always the Best of the BEST~! But if I rush and take things into my own hands, I would miss out on the best that I could have gotten.

A lesson learned from this time of lack is God is always in control. He placed me in this situation where I need to depend on Him even more. All of us have this tendency of only crying out to God when we’re in lack, I’m guilty of that too. But we must learn to acknowledge God for who He is, to praise Him even when our situations seem hopeless. Faith versus fear… If we hang on to the faith and belief that God is in control, we will see God move, not in our demanded time, but in His perfect time.

He will make all things beautiful in His time~!

So friends, if you are going through a situation, it is alright to have doubts, but don’t dwell in it for so long. Pick yourself up and start speaking faith into your hearts. When I say speaking, I really mean using your mouth and declare it out loud. You can speak yourself to life again because there’s power in verbal declaration~! Always remember, breakthroughs doesn’t start from the changes in the situation you’re in, breakthroughs start from within your own heart~! You must realize the potential and power within you to change the things around you…

My problems are not over, I still have many bills which I have not settled, but now I’m assured that I just have to do my best and let God take care of the rest~! God will provide~! He will never hold back the best from those who love and obey Him~!

Hope this little sharing from my own experience has blessed some of you…

Hey sponsors~! There’s this really special girl amongst you, did you know? She’s a super woman and drag car racer all enveloped into one small bundle. If you see her around, she’s always racing around in her ‘Red Ferrari’… This girl has been a great encouragement and inspiration to many who know her… Without any delay, it is my great honour to introduce to you, the one and only, Cheryl Mohan a.k.a. Illegal Racer a.k.a. The girl with the car a.k.a. Ms Mohan~!!

I’ve come to know her when I joined A.Y.A. in year 2003. I was serving in CampusCity for quite some time and I always noticed her in the hall because of her infamous ‘racing car’. By the way, for those of you all who don’t know, Cheryl has a physical disability that bounds her to a wheeled walker, which we refer it as her ‘CAR’. But that doesn’t stop this little chili padi from being a dynamite wherever she is placed~!

She is one girl that is ever so chatty. She can talk about the whole world with you to and fro~! But I’ve always enjoyed her company because she is anyways so cheery when I greet her. I always bully her by impersonating an MPSJ officer and either clamping her ‘car’ with my foot or towing her ‘car’ away. We’ll be very amused and have plenty of laughs over the silly things I do.

Did you know that she has to climb 4 flights of staircases to get to the top floor of A.Y.A. every week to go the CampusCity service? Many times people offered to carry her but she refuses. Even though she may be physically challenged but her faithfulness and persistence to climb up so many flights of stairs just to attend a 1 hour meeting has really inspired so many of us.

I remember there was one time a young punk guy was complaining about the flights of stairs he had to climb just to get to a campus service. As he was halfway criticizing and complaining, he saw Cheryl slowly struggling to get up every step of the staircase with a smile on her face. That guy never complained from that day onwards. Want to know who he is? Come ask me personally… Hehe~!

This girl is also an awesome writer cum journalist~! Her passion in writing and journalism has brought her to a place where she is in charge of a youth magazine called D2Y2, produced by A.Y.A.. She was also one of the writers for the recent Christmas play in Acts Church. This talented little fella has not ceased to amaze me with what she is capable of…

To Cheryl... stop racing around ok? Or I’ll report you to JPJ and the Traffic Police unit~! Haha~! Your life has been a great inspiration to me. Your passion and dedication to church, ministry and to God has really been such an encouragement for me to press on in life. Though you may physically challenged, you have never allowed it to be an excuse to stop you from achieving greatness~!

You’re one of the strongest people I’ve met in all my life. Though many may take what they have for granted, you maximize the every single thing that you’ve been blessed with to the very smallest of detail. Because of that, I have truly learned so much from you. I may kacau you and your 'car' a lot, but inside me I’m really blessed to have known you as a friend and I'm so honoured to have served alongside you.

Continue pursuing the plans and purposes of God over your life. I know that God has so much more for you than what our own minds can perceive. Never let any situations or circumstances determine the direction and decisions you make in life, but in all things seek the Lord first and His righteousness, and all thing shall be added unto you.

Better things are yet to come, so don’t settle for what you have now. I’m sure you have big dreams for your own life. Well, submit it to God, do your best and God will see you though it. I believe that big dreams come from God, so if it is from God, you should let Him guide you through it to get to it~!

Thank you for being such an inspiration to me, thank you for being such an encouragement to me. Even though you may think that you walking up the stairs is a simple thing, but to me it has been such an eye-opener to see such dedication, such passion, such love for the things of God..

Ultimately… I really thank you for being such a great friend~!

That’s all I have for today, sponsors~! I shall update the entry hopefully by this weekend when I’ve settled all my legal documents~! Please continue to pray with me through this project. Thanks so much for reading~! Have a great week ahead and God Bless~!!

No comments: