Friday, January 5, 2007

Project GPFC Official Launch

This is the official launch of the Project GPFC blog. I would firstly want to appreciate every single sponsor who supported and contributed to this dream. If it wasn't for each one of your individual encouragement and contribution, this project would have never meant so much to me.

It is because of each one you that this event will be cherished and treasured in my heart forever. Because of your participation, this dream car is not gonna be just any other car, but a central memoir of the friendship we have. I am very grateful to God for bringing friends like you around me in support of what I'm doing. Really thank God for friends, it's been a great blessing just knowing each of you in person...

I know many of you may wonder what is GPFC right? Well, GPFC is the name which I have given to this car and to this project. What does it mean? Hang on to your seats because this is gonna blow you away as it has blown me away when I was inspired to give this name to my car...
*drum roll*... GPFC stands for... "God's Providence, Friendship Centred..."

Did I spell the word 'centred' right? I believe it's 'centred' for British and 'centered' for American if I'm not mistaken... do correct me if I'm wrong.

One thing I want everyone to be clear about is that I did not name this project after my car, but I named my car after this project. There's a big difference. Why? Because it is God and you sponsors who have made this dream project a reality. So this car is named after all of you and your willing hearts to participate in this. Thank you again for being a part of this...

Enough of my nonsense, to all sponsors, this blog will be updated weekly on the progress of Project GPFC. Everything that's being done with the car will be described in detail with visual aids so that I can account to each of you what is being done with your contributions.

Here are some pictures and descriptions of what has already been done with the car before this project was launched...

This is the front of the car, kinda looks like an Evo 6 head right? For those of you who know me better in terms of cars, you would know that the Mitsubishi Evolution 6 is my all time favourite rally car~! Haha~!


This is the left front portrait of the car... Sorry people, have to blur the number plate just in case some weirdo tries to buy 4D with it...Or even worse, a stalker~!



This the back right portrait of the car, check out the illegally placed drag racing exhaust outlet. Don't worry people, I'm gonna have that replaced with a legal 3" oval muffler. For those who don't understand, it's just a very big exhaust pipe la...


Now lets have a look at what's under the hood, if you have noticed, OH MY GOSH~! THERE IS NO ENGINE~! Will this car be powered by just hopes and dreams??!!


Still don't believe me that there's no engine? Just have a look at this picture. Do you realise that you're actually looking right down to the floor? No worries people, my project foreman, who is also a good friend, is helping me source out for a good quality Mazda BPT engine.

For those of you who are interested to know more about the Mazda BPT engine, check out this web site.. www.answers.com/topic/mazda-b-engine

Welcome to the inside of the car, I only took a few pictures because most of the interior parts of the car are still in pieces. This is the dashboard, it's done up really nicely with metallic blue plating, equipped with a turbo timer and a turbo boost gauge.

To all sponsors, most of your contributions will be delegated for the restoration of the basic car interior...

Check out the semi-bucket seats already installed by the previous owner. It is fully leather and super comfortable for both driver and front passenger. I shall do something with the back seats as well to make sure my 'back-seat-drivers' are comfortable...

This is the back portrait of the car, it has this cool GT wing which some people don't like. I'm considering to take it off, will ask all my sponsors' opinions, majority's decision will be final... Under this lies the 'The Boot of Sponsor' which I'm going to create soon...

Finally, last picture but certainly not the least, in fact, this is the most important part of the car, the part which I will cherish the most. This is the picture of where 'The Boot of Sponsors' will be placed. I'm gonna invest a lot of my own time and money to touch up on this part of the car to make sure that it's fit for each of you sponsors to sign in...

That's all for the report and pictures for today, do log on next week to find out about the engine installation processes. Please keep me in prayer that I will be able to find an engine that is in very good condition yet still affordable... thanks~!

Without further adew, I now declare Project GPFC officially launched~!

No comments: