Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Project Report #5 - Beached Engine

Good morning people, it’s a bright and sunny Wednesday morning and there’s so much to today to look forward to. If you’re a believer, everyday is a new adventure with the Holy Spirit. Just got news about my engine, the shipment came on ashore yesterday night so I’ll probably have my engine in-hand by tonight or tomorrow morning. Pray that all the procedure in clearing the customs will go smoothly, pray also that there will be no hiccups during the engine installation. Oh ya~! I still do not know the price of the engine yet, so pray also that the price will be affordable.. I'm gonna start designing a car body sticker for this car. Sponsors, PLEASE VOTE which FONT among the 6 listed below is MOST SUITABLE~! Thank you...


Yesterday night I was at Bible Study in Harvest Generation church. Ps Ryan taught us about having a heart for the needy. The session was amazing~! I can’t believe that I could ever cultivate a heart for the poor until yesterday because I finally understood the principle behind charity. Jesus himself came for the broken, the rejected and outcast, the poor and the needy, the sick and the condemned. In fact, he went to the people who most people won’t even want to come close to. What a guy~!

Did you know that when you give to the poor and the needy, you’re actually lending to God? It’s true~! It’s in the Bible written in black and white~! It’s found in Proverbs 19:16-17.. “He who obeys instructions guards his life, but he who is contemptuous of his ways will die…. He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done... “

The amazing part of lending to God is the fact that why should God actually lend from us? Does God really need our resources? Isn’t He all powerful and owns everything in the universe? The answer is simple, like what I shared in my previous blog, God intends to share His glory with us by involving us in His plans and purposes. He can do it everything alone if He wanted to, but if he did, there will be no purpose for us to live on earth.

Another thing I want you catch is that you can actually relate this scripture with current banking context. If someone borrows resources from you, it is by law that he returns in to you with interest benefits. So if a normal human being reimburses you with a little extra interest, what more our Father in Heaven? He is not a man that he should lie, He NEVER lies~! So can you imagine the rewards that will come along if we choose to obey?

It’s not wrong to let the rewards of God be a motivating factor for you to care for the poor and the needy, it can be a starting point. But don’t stop there, being to even ask God to give us a heart for those people. We shouldn’t just be living to seek God’s hand; blessings, benefits, rewards; although is those are very good things, but we should live to also seek God’s heart… to love Him for who He is and not just by what He can do for us…

There’s a birthday boy in our midst, not exactly a boy anymore la but still very young at heart. It was his birthday YESTERDAY people~! This guy has a tremendous anointing the in worship leading and is currently the undertaking a project to produce a mini-album. He’s one fella that always makes us all laugh by his naïve-ness and his ignorance to his surroundings. It is my great honor to introduce you to Calvin Tay a.k.a. Ah Bin~! He’s 26 years old this year people~! Gonna get married within the next few years… To whom? I shall not reveal, don’t want to get murdered by his girlfriend, quite scared of her actually…

I tell you, Calvin is such a funny fella. He doesn’t mind being laughed at and never puts up a mask in front of anybody. He’s the same person to everyone he meets. His transparency marks him out of everyone else I know. He doesn’t live being worried by what other people say about him, I’m not sure if it’s all that good also la, haha~! But to a certain extent, it’s a superb spirit because he’ll just do what he does best, does it well without being so affected by whatever that’s around him. The reason behind this is that he’s just all out to please God’s heart…

The 2 years or more I’ve served with him, never once has he ever let go of an opportunity to serve in the worship team. His passion to give God the best praise and worship is immense. His priority of getting inline with God first before even touching our musical instruments has inspired many of us to love God more than loving the music. Did you know that we have a tendency of worshiping ‘worship’ and not worshipping God?

What I’ve learnt from Calvin is that worship is not just a bunch of good songs that soothes our ears, but it is birth from the heart that longs to reach out to God’s own heart. There’s no point in just having good songs and lyrics but lack the substance of worship. If God is really looking for good music, He would've have moved so mightily in great rock and jazz festivals because the greatest musicians alive today plays there. If God is only looking for perfect music, does that mean He will only move in churches that have great musicians like Hillsong and Lakewood? Then what happens to the churches, such as the underground churches in China, that don’t have trained vocalist and musicians at all? How come God is still moving in all His power amongst them?

I remember another analogy Calvin shared to me from a book which goes like “…if God is looking for perfect music in worship, He can just snap His fingers and all the host of angels will sing a Heavenly tune…” What this statement means is that God can just command His angels to sing and their music would be perfect~! Tempo, pitching, dynamics and everything would be perfect~! But the truth is that God is not looking for perfect music… He’s looking for perfect worship that can only come from our hearts..

To Calvin... Your life has been a great inspiration to me especially in the area of music and worship ministry. You’ve been more than just a friend to me, but a big brother that is always there for me. You’ve always looked out for me, even though I took it for granted a lot of times. Thanks for always watching my back and for being my defender in times where I was vulnerable. I’ve always looked up to you as leader and as role model because of you simplicity of heart to the Lord…

I truly believe that God has used you to shape my mindset in worship and music ministry, and I could never have achieved what I have achieved in this ministry if God had not caused our paths to cross. I cannot thank you enough for all the investments you’ve made in life.

Always keep up that great attitude because I know many more people will also catch what I caught from you. I’m sure God has great things in store for this coming year. Continue to pursue the plans and purposes of God~! It is my honor to have you be a part of this project and an even greater honor to have you be a spiritual big brother and leader over my life…

That’s all from me today people~! For everyone sponsor that has gave me their contributions, thank you so much for making an effort to be a part of this project. For those that couldn’t pass me their contributions due to certain complications, you’re interest in being a part of this project is also greatly appreciated... God bless and have a wonderful day ahead~!

No comments: