Sunday, January 21, 2007

Project Report #11 - Fruss Away

Hey people~! It was a wonderful Sunday today, had a really awesome time in church. Pastor Chan from CGBC, Ipoh came to speak in our service this morning. The message he shared was fantastic and so timely for me~! He shared on the topic of PRAYER and started off with an analogy of how us Christians can’t live without prayer is the same as how we can’t live without air.

He shared on a lot of areas of prayer, but one thing that stuck me most was when he said that money should never be a determining factor for decisions made in our lives. In other words, money should never DERTERMINE our lives because we should be living by FAITH~! If MONEY decides what we should do, we are allowing money to be the master of our lives. So we must take control of money and make it serve us instead of us serving it~! We must be the master over our money~!

Reflecting this message on the current situation I’m going through in this project, I was asking God why these roadblocks should happen to me. Why did He allow the accounts and financial security of this car project to be shaken? I was so at peace when I got this from the Holy Spirit.. He prompted my heart and asked me, “Didn’t you dedicate this project to Me?” I answered “Err... Yes…” Then He prompted another question in my heart saying, “Then why are you so anxious? Did you think I was out to destroy you? Wasn't I the one who brought you all the sponsors for this project? I have allowed these things to happen because I want a part of this project to be a miracle from Me. As all your sponsors have contributed, I too want a part in this project which no one can contribute to other than Me…”

I was stunned~! This was all happening in my heart when I was sitting in the service~! In other words, God was saying that He allowed one portion of this project to be impossible for any of us to fulfill because He wants to contribute a miracle for me~! I just sat there and praised God, I started thanking Him for all you guys and your contributions. I thanked God for all the doors He has opened for me to own my dream car. I was so lifted in my spirit, I couldn’t stop smiling~!

To tell you the truth, my finances were so secure at the initial stages of this project that I didn’t bother to pray so much in the aspect of finances for this project. So God had to shake the very core of the flow of this project, which is money, to remind me that my dependence and security for this project is NOT in my bank account, but in HIM alone. God has brought me a place where I needed to depend on Him again because this project belongs to Him.

What is the first word in GPFC? It is GOD~! So if God is the head of this project, why did I depend on Him in every aspect of the project except in finances? It’s a lesson learnt that I should never find my security in money no matter how much I have. I should have depended on God even in the areas where I felt most secure. Hope this applies to all you people reading this as well.

With this fresh revelation in my mind, I have full confidence that I’ll be able to complete this project with no debts in the end. Because this project belongs to God, I shall let Him take charge over it. I will never find my security anything other than in Him alone. This project is officially in God’s hands now. He is faithful~! He will provide~! And in the end this project, great testimonies will be produced to glorify His name alone~! Money does NOT move the hand of God, but PRAYER does~! Hence the title of this report... Fruss Away... it just means that all my frustrations has been taken away because there's always hope in Jesus~!

Project report~! I found my engine last Friday~! WooHoo~! Praise God the hunt has finally come to an end. According to my foreman, the engine is in very good condition and very low mileage. One problem solved~! The engine installation phase will start either by this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. God is indeed faithful to provide~!

However, I had to buy the engine at quite a hefty price. As I have mentioned in my first News Flash, all the expenses have been confirmed. I was cracking my head to work out the accounts so that I won’t end up overspending for this project, and although I failed to curb the expenses, God has given me the boldness and the assurance that He will take care of it~! Don’t worry people, God will make a way where there seems to be no way~! He will work in ways that man’s strengths alone cannot achieve, He will make a way~! Sponsors~! Do continue to pray that God’s hand will continue to be over this project. Pray also that I will have the wisdom to manage every aspect of this project, that I will continue to depend on Him alone. Thanks sponsors~!

Did you all realize that I have only one Indian dude on the ‘Boot of Sponsors’? This dude is an awesome guy, he’s one of the people I had a privilege to meet when I was serving in A.Y.A. and CampusCity… This guy has an enormous heart for people and can never stop making jokes about his own ethnics in Klang. It is my great honour to introduce to you to the one, the only… CHRIS THIRUCHELVAM a.k.a. Klang Indian a.k.a. Beruang Combo a.k.a. Chris TAY~! Why is he called Chris TAY? Well, maybe you should ask him yourself about the relationship he has with Calvin Tay. Don’t worry, I’m very CERTAIN that their both STRAIGHT guys. Haha~!

I first met him when I returned to CampusCity after a few months of not attending their meetings. Bear with me, I was at a black-sliden state at that time of my life. One of my friends who serving in the ministry asked me to join the Worship Team of CampusCity and introduced me to Chris, who was at that time the Head of the music/worship department. So he auditioned me and of course I passed la. Not bragging, but my skills were all I had to offer at that time.

As time went by, GIGs after GIGs, ministering in different places together, I began to find myself attracted to something Chris had that I don’t at that time. I may have more skills and experience in terms of music, but Chris had something more valuable than that which I didn’t have, the HEART. God values our heart more than our hands, He values what we give Him from our hearts that what we can do for Him with our hands. That was what I caught from Chris, the passion and the heart to run after things that matter to God the most…

The were a few occasions where he had to correct me and watch out for me because of all the stupid things I use do last time. I really thank God for bringing him and the leadership of CampusCity to guide and lead me, to shape and mold me to become a better person in character and attitude. The fruits of their labor do show today because I can say that I’ve become a better person because of their willingness to teach me…

To Chris… first thing’s first, STOP MAKING FUN OF YOUR INDIAN BROTHERS IN KLANG~! Haha~! You’re one great guy, I cannot even begin to thank you for all the things you’ve done in my life because it would take me days to write it all out. Through the years of serving alongside you, I’m so inspired by you and how willing you are to let God work in and through your life. What I caught from you in the area of leadership, worship and a heart for the people will be deeply treasured in my spirit.

When I was serving in the band with you, you were always so humble to hear everyone out about their opinions and you would receive any form of correction with a great attitude. That’s a priceless attribute that God has placed in your life. I struggled with a lot of pride in the past, I wasn’t very teachable because I thought I knew everything there is to know about worship, but after watching your life and the lives of the people serving in CampusCity, my mindset was broken and I was totally changed…

I am who I am today because of your willingness for God to work through you to get to me. The times we shared just laughing and having fun, the times where we would pray and seek God together as a team, the times where we ministered together in different rallies and concerts, those are the times that will forever be engraved and cherished in my heart. If my life was a book, I can proudly say that you’ve written one of the best chapters in it. Thank you for being a sponsor of this project, and more importantly, a sponsor of my life, because you have contributed to who I am today..

I forgot to acknowledge that it was Chris’s 23rd birthday a few days back~! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS~! May the Lord continue to grow your passion, may He continue to bring increase into your life and stretch your tent of influence wherever you’re placed. Stay in the Lord and see the great things He can do through your life that will blow you away. No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind can comprehend what God has in store for those who love Him and put their trust in Him… Blessed Birthday to you, my INDIAN brother and friend~!

This is the end of today’s project report. I hope all that I’ve shared so far has inspired you. Do log on this coming week to find out the next phase of this project which is the Engine Installation Phase. Do shout out wahtever that's on your mind in the chatter box. Thank you for Have a reading~!great new week ahead people~! God Bless~!

No comments: