Monday, January 8, 2007

Project Report #3 - Silence of The Engines

Good morning people~! It’s the beginning of a brand new week, there’s no such thing as 'black Monday' if you’re really excited about what God has in store for us this coming new week. Just the other day, a fellow sponsor had this statement on the status message, “Where is my quote of the day?” and so I just roughed up a quote in my head and sent it to her through the chat portal. Then I realized that the quote I roughed up had more meaning than I thought it had.

My quote was “If life is more than what our minds can perceive, STOP trying to perceive it with our minds~!”…. What dawned upon me through this quote is that we are not as big as we think we are. There are a lot of things that are beyond our control no matter how powerful or wealthy we are. If there really is so much to life than what I can imagine, I would rather live it under the plans of the ONE who created me, than living in just what my mind can perceive.

“Only the inventor knows the true purpose of the product he invented... So aren’t we all inventions of God…?”
Food for thought people~!

There’s nothing much to report on about the car today, my foreman has not got back to me on the details of the engine shipment yet. No worries, I believe I will be contacted soon within these 2 days about the price and the installation procedures. Sponsors, please flood up my chatterbox~! It looks so sad because I’m the only one posting chats… Haha~! Feel free to say anything that’s on your mind about this project or about anything…

It’s chubby-wubby’s day today people~! Why? Because today I’m gonna share with you about this guy who is not only a TC Boy look-a-like, but also a great friend. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing, Ian Tan a.k.a ‘Fei Chai’…. Note: TC Boy is a canned-food product brand found in any retail stores near you… This dude is current stuck in Ukraine doing a medical degree which may not be recognised in Malaysia. That’s what I call faith man~! Haha~!

I’ve been friends with Ian for quite a long time now, since we were Form 3. The first time I saw him, my perception of him was ‘spoilt rich kid’… But guess what actually brought us together? Still can’t guess? That’s right, it was our love for cars~! I was already a car fanatic when I was young, slowly but surely I dragged Ian into loving cars even more too..

After getting to know him, I realize that he wasn’t a spoilt kid after all, although now he spends like a blond, but let truth be told that this guy really has a good heart. I remember the times we trained basketball under the blazing hot sun, we would get ourselves burn as dark as charcoals, but it was those times that brought us closer. Did you know that he was the product of our Christian Fellowship back in SMK Seafield? I was astonished when he said he wanted to accept Christ into his heart. I don’t know what exactly attracted him to Christianity, but I’m pretty sure a big factor was because we chose to accept him for who he is and just be there for him when he needed someone.

Don’t look down on what love and care can do. Jesus himself went out to embrace the outcast, he accepted the people who were rejected by society. Ian was not and still is not a social reject therefore it was not that tough to love him to Christ. Haha~! Since high-school days, this dude has served his heart out in Christian Fellowship and CampusCity. Now he’s in Ukraine actively serving in a church. When we were in our Pre-Uni days, he would be the brave one inviting all his friends to church and CampusCity non-stop.

His passion to see all his friends saved is immense. I myself have learnt alot from him through his “gung-ho-ness” in reaching out to the people close to him, he’s never ashamed to share Christ to people. Even though he was under a lot of ‘fire’ from his family because of his love for God, he still held strong and kept the faith. One thing about him that still amazes me is his social skills, he has this ability to make friends with anyone, from the lower classes to the highest classes of society. I really must learn that…

To Ian… You’ve been a great friend and encouragement to me. I remember I was the one who always belanja you when you didn’t have money during our high-school days, but now I guess during our university days the tables have turned.. Haha.. It was good for me that my financial security was shaken, if not I would have never depended on God. The beautiful picture is that God used you to answer my prayers, that at one point in time I had to depend on someone who once depended on me… That was really humbling experience..

Thank you so much for being my friend, you’re always finding ways on how to bless me and I really appreciate that. All the memories we share since high-school until today, the joy and the pain, I will always cherish it because it has made me who I am today. I am glad to call you a sponsor of this project, but it is an even greater honor for me to call you a sponsor of my life… Why? Because your life has contributed an exceptional amount into my life that all the money in the world can’t buy…

Continue pursuing the plans and purposes that God has for your life. Keep up that passion to see our group of friends come to know the Lord. Watch your language abit…~! Haha~! I shall see you in a few months time. Let this year be a great year of growth and advancement for you in the your journey with the Lord, and not only in your waist-line.. Haha~! Just kidding… My final words to you before I end this is “Never Give Up and Never Compromise~!”…

That’s all from me today people, thanks for logging on and reading. I should have some updates about the engine by today or tomorrow… Will write it up in the next project reports… Have a great day ahead~! God Bless…

No comments: