Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Project Report #14 - Rise of The Machine

Good morning people~! It's another beautiful Tuesday morning~! Sorry I couldn't make any entries the past 3 days. I've been really busy preparing for the dinner I had in my house. It was a great time~! The food was fantastic, old friends got to catch up with each other again, it was like a big reunion. I had over 60 people who came~! Thank God I had enough food to feed all of them. These people eat like piranhas~! Haha~!

Project report~! My car is finally in the workshop~! My foreman got so fed up waiting for his tow truck guy that he took matters into his own hands, in a good way la. He got one of his mechanics from the shop to tow the car by attaching it to another car using ropes. I wish I could’ve been there to help out and witness such an event, but I had to rush off for a recording engagement. My foreman had to maneuver my car slowly as everything in the car did not work, brakes and even the steering column was all out or order. It took them a long and tiring afternoon to drag my car to the workshop. My foreman is an awesome guy and I’m really grateful to him

I’ve taken lots of pictures of the extracted engine and my car in the shop over the past 3 days. So people, I shall not talk so much and let you feast your eyes on the raising of a really cun machine~!

This is the overview of the extracted engine from the half-cut. A lot of things were changed on the inside to improve performance and reliability. Take note that this picture and the next 6 pictures were taken before my gearbox was attached to my engine...


This is the Mazda BPT engine flywheel and clutch. I had to change the clutch pad because the previous one was quite old and we were uncertain how long it would last. So for safety, we had to change it…




The mechanic removed the CAM cover and allowed me to view the brand new timing belt which he installed for me. Almost every part of this engine has been reconditioned and restored good as new.





A closer look to the engine CAM and the timing belt. If you’re well inclined with cars, this engine is a DOHC (double overhead CAM) engine. You can tell by the 2 big ‘GEARS’ on the top of the engine…



An even closer look to the new timing belt I had installed. The model number, the number of indentations (teeth) and where it was made. My mechanic distributes parts from Japan, so performance wise, this car is gonna be a BOMB~!



As promised in my previous entry, I shall show you how a turbo charger looks like. This is the first picture of the turbo charger attached to my engine…






Here’s a closer look of the turbo charger, if you look carefully you can actually see the turbo turbine inside the intake hole.



If you want to know roughly how turbo chargers work, go find out the simple description of turbo at honeywell.com...

Now let’s have a look at my car being elevated on the workshop elevator. Isn’t she a beauty? For those of you who knows me better, my definition of ‘Hot Chic’ is never referring to any human girls, it's only reserved for really cun cars. I’m gonna get my own hot chic soon… Hehe~!

This is the front view of the car head and front bumper. If you notice, the headlamp on the left of this picture looks a bit yellowed and older. I’m gonna have that replaced because I have the spares in with me now.


This is the front left portrait of the elevated car. The disc brakes have a layer of rust over it but no worries… The discs are not damaged. It just needs a little polishing and oiling.





This is the front right portrait of the elevated car. The bumper has a little scratch on it but it can be polished off. It just a minor surface scratch..



Now let’s move to the back of the car. Check out the GT wing on the car. I’m still contemplating on whether to keep the GT Wing on or not. Will let you know my decision soon. Do vote on the polls to help me make a decision.



This is the side back portrait, check out my 17” sports rims. The previous owner installed brand new tyres and it’s hardly ever used.





This is the back undercarriage of the car. The opening on the right side of this picture is where I’ll be putting my giant exhaust muffler. I still have not bought one yet though, will choose a nice one by this 2 weeks.





Now we’re inside the car hood. This picture was taken from under the car viewing the front right side of the engine compartment. You can see the amount of space there is to fit in a really powerful engine. That big bar thing across the bottom of the picture is my engine bracket.

This is the front left side of the engine compartment. You can see the oil cooler device slightly off to the right from the middle picture. The hardware that has a bit of oil stains on it. I will have it cleaned up. This device is necessary to keep the oils cool as it engine performs at high stress levels.

This is the back right of the engine compartment. At the top left of the picture, that big black round thing is actually my super heavy duty brake pump. Because this car is going to be build to run at high speeds, the braking system must be enhanced as well for safety.

This is the back left of the engine compartment. Slightly off to the right from the middle of the picture, you can see the standard Ford TX3 power steering fluid pump. Above it you can see my honk outlet. I don’t know how it sounds like though. That big silverfish bar at the top of the picture is actually an original Mazda RX7 rally strut bar. It’s used to neutralize the drift of the car when taking corners.


This is a picture of my engine with the gearbox attached. This gearbox was the pride and joy of the owner who sold it to me. So I must really take good care of it.



If you still can’t see the gearbox, this picture may make it clearer. Can you see that big thing jutting out from the bottom of the engine? That’s a part of the gearbox..






Still can’t see the gearbox? For the sake of engine illiterate people, I shall zoom in to the gearbox itself. This whole picture is the gearbox itself.





This is my exhaust pipe line with the flexi. I’ll have to weld in 2 exhaust boxes and a muffler before it can be used in my car.




These next two pictures are so cun. I’d never be able to take it unless my car is on the elevator. This is the back left wheel portrait of the car…





This is the back right wheel portrait of the car. You can see that the tyres are hardly ever used at all.




My mechanic still can’t install the engine yet because the gearbox brackets I ordered has still not came in. These brackets are necessary to attach the gearbox in place with the engine to the car’s chasis. The brackets must be strong enough to keep such a powerful engine and gearbox in place. The gearbox bracket should come in latest by end of this week. Pray that there will be no more unnecessary delays.

Hey sponsors, do you feel the presence of a silly little bubbly thing? She’s small, blur most of the time, whacky and crazy~! She can be quite noisy at times but one things for sure, there has hardly even been a moment where she wouldn’t be hyper. Ladies and gentlemen, hold on to your seat as I introduce you to the one, the only, Eleanor Chua a.k.a. Ellie a.k.a Silly Lil’ Thing a.k.a. Sugar-high girl~! This is one energetic girl, if you’re planning to hang out with her, you better be fit enough~! Haha~!

I only had the privilege to meet her sometime last year when she joined the CampusCity worship team and Actstream. I really didn’t know that she was related to another friend of mine until much later. She was a product of a Good Friday service in 2005 organized by CampusCity and Acts Church because she was saved in that event~! Praise God~!

This bubbly girl has been a good friend during my last few months with CampusCity, we actually got closer because we hung out a lot eating with her university mates. My impression of her since the very first time I met her until today is ‘Hyper Girl’… She has this undying bubbling character that never seems to fade, she always looks very happy and cheery. That is a very good thing because people feel very comfortable around her because she’s easily approachable…

Even though I haven’t known her for very long, but through her life I can really see her passion for the things of God. She’s always there when the ministry needed her, she always tries her best to availed herself to serve in anything that required her help. Even when I didn’t have a car at a point in time, she was willing to drive me around to run my car errands when my car was still under-going repairs and reconditioning. Her willingness and availability to help others really portrays the great character and heart that God has placed in her…

Ever since I started work, almost everyday we would have our silly little arguments just to brighten up a work-loaded day. We would just joke and talk nonsense almost the whole day~! I don’t know how we got so much supply of nonsense to talk, but we managed. Haha~! Those little moments really kept me alert and awake in times where my work got a bit dull. If she wasn’t there to kacau me, I guess those days would’ve been so boring.

To Ellie… We’ve had out fair share of silly arguments eh? Although you’ve never won a single one, at least you’re faster than ‘some good friend’ of yours that always hangs out with us. Haha~! I was astounded when I heard that you were one of those who were saved during the Good Friday in 2005, we really prayed hard for salvations early that day and you were the answer to our prayers. Praise God~!

Your life has been a great inspiration to me because of your simplicity of heart. You were always willing to learn, even though I sometimes put you through ‘hard’ lessons. Haha~! The way you carry yourself, always being cheery and joyful, has really lightened up a lot times when I was going through hard times. You were an every-ready person to pray for whatever needs that anyone had…

The heart that God has given to you to care for others is amazing. From what I can see, you’ve always made an effort to support and encourage your friends that were going through hard times. I’ve been through my fair share of difficult times and never once you denied me from your support in prayer…

Thank you for being such an encouragement and support in my life. Even in this car project, through the trials and roadblock I’ve faced, you have been always pushing me to press on. Never once have you condemned me for what I’m doing, even when things didn’t go as plan, you were still so supportive in all the difficult decisions I had to make to in this project. I’m really grateful for that.

I know that God has great things in store for you in the coming days, continue to press on in your prayers for the salvation of you family and never ever give up no matter what happens. God will hear your prayers and all that you asked on behalf of the lives of your family members will come to past. Keep sowing in prayer, keep sowing in building God’s kingdom~! Continue to believe, keep up the faith~!

Never let any situations or circumstances determine the path of your life, never let difficulties or lack be the factor that influences any of your decisions, but in bring everything to the Lord in prayer and thanksgiving~! He will lead you and guide you to the fulfillment of the purposes of you life. Stay in the Lord and He will be faithful to prosper you and grant you great success in all that you do.

Thanks for being a great friend~!

Alright sponsors~! That’s all I have for you today. Hope you enjoyed the detailed description and pictures of the changes made in the engine. Will update you more on the other stuff that’s currently being done… Thanks people~! Have a wonderful new week ahead and God Bless~!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

モンクレール 正規品
moncler kids jackets
取扱店
www.monclershopcojp.com
防寒用
新作 モンクレール
モンクレール ダウン
モンクレール

moncler tours 2
moncler jackets 2011
desigual online shop
モンクレールダウンdaim

Anonymous said...

http://www.monclershopcojp.com

The down jacket was wonderful warm and can be smooth when the wearer do sports. Rene Ramillom and Andre Vincent benefit from the experience. They took the famous mountaineering friend's suggestions and invited him to become a technical support. The following success proved their way is right. In the new century, the brand created another sports series that aimed at sports boutique. When the brand enters into its right track, then One and one delicate beautiful down jackets appear before people.

Anonymous said...

It not absolutely approaches me. Who else, what can prompt?Just that is necessary. An interesting theme, I will participate. http://www.uggjaboot.comI apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM.It is a pity, that now I can not express - I hurry up on job. But I will be released - I will necessarily write that I think on this question.It is interesting. Tell to me, please - where I can read about it?