Sunday, January 7, 2007

Project Report #2 - A New Hope

Hey people~! It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon, just got back from church. Had a great service this morning. Five new people visited our church, they were really blessed by the ministry, Praise God~! Pastor Ryan spoke a really timely message that I really believe was inspired by the Holy Spirit. He spoke something in the area of Our Calling in God. What struck me the most was, through this message, I realised that God values us more than our calling, this means that God loves us more than the calling He placed in our lives. If God loved our calling more than us, He would not have given Jesus to die for us, He would not have given us the free gift of GRACE... It's because we can never be perfect through our own strength that we need His grace..

Praise God, I have some good news about the engine I'm planning to get. My foreman just informed me that a shipment container is coming within the next few days and new supplies of the engine I want will be available soon. Sponsors, please pray with me that the price will be affordable. I'm trying to keep this project within a certain budget because I don't want to over-spend... Thanks sponsor~!

Once the engine is brought in, it would only take about a week for it to be installed into the car. Then the next phase of restoring the car interiors can begin. I will update you all about what I have plan to restore in the car. This not an easy task because the parts for the interiors are not cheap and not very easy to find. But no worries, I will get all my contacts together to get the supplies required restore as much as possible to its best condition.

Hey sponsors, do you realise that among you there's a really cool gal? This girl is one power packed women. She's one that is so willing to serve but never claims any recognition for herself. She's so 'behind the scenes' that you don't even realise that she's given up so much to make sure things are run smoothly. If you still can't guess who it is, it is my great honour to introduce you to Che Kai Ling~! Otherwise known as the 'Lab Rat'... Her life has impacted my own life in ways that even she does not know..

When I was serving in the worship ministry in Acts Church, every Thursday we are required to go to church for rehearsals. It is such a hassle to even get to church on time because of the peak hour jams, with the church being in Summit Hotel along Jalan Kewajipan, the busiest road in USJ, makes things even worse. I sometimes find myself complaining about being stuck in the jams and asking myself why must there be so many people living in USJ~! And why ONE person must drive ONE car?~!!! It's quite frustrating to get stuck in a LONG jam after a LONG day of work...

But when I reach church, almost every week when I'm on, I see Kai Ling there at the backstage filing our music score charts for our rehearsals. She would be there 45 minutes earlier before our practice starts to settle all the filing. One thing that truly amazes me is that I have never seen her do filing with a sour face. Can you imagine if you have to rush out of your work place, braving through the never ending jam, reaching church so early that no one else is there yet, and doing filing behind the stage alone? What makes it worse sometimes is when the worship leaders make last minute changes to the song arrangements, then you have to re-arrange 10 or more different files all over again from scratch~! Can you imagine the agony and stress??!! I tell you, I really don't have the patience to handle this sort of stuff..

It's a really difficult and tedious task, and yet she has to do and supervise people doing it almost every week. But never once have I seen her complaining, well atleast not in front of me la. Haha~! But what really impacted me was that she always did her task every week with a BIG smile on her face. Hardly anyone acknowledges her or commends her for doing what she does, but have you ever thought of what would happen if she doesn't do her job well? Do you realise that without her, the whole worship ministry will not be able to function properly?

To Kai Ling... Your life has really been an inspiration to me, the simplicity of your heart astounds me. You have impacted my life because you chose to be faithful even though hardly anyone acknowledges you for your sacrifices and hardwork. I thank you for making me realise that ministry is not at all for our glory, but it is to first and foremost please God's heart. If I can see how much you love God, how much more God sees in you? Your spirit of excellence, humility and willingness to take up something very few are willing take up has really changed my perspective in my ministry.

Thank you so much for being a great inspiration to me, though you may not know it. Your life and love for God has contributed grately in building and shaping my character. What I've caught from your heart I will definately remember and cherish it for a very VERY long time.. Keep up the good work~! God has greater plans instore for you this coming year~! Continue to build your faith and trust in Him alone and He will make your path straight. I'll always be supporting you in your pursuit for the things of God and for the Heart of God~!

With this, I end today's project report update... Log on these next few days to find out the progress of the project, it's gonna be really exciting~! Till then, have a great week ahead people~! God Bless...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.